Social Media Brings Every Publishing Professional to the Frankfurt Book Fair
As thousands of publishing professionals pack their carry-on bags and head for the Frankfurt Book Fair, tens of thousands more will stay at home and keep abreast of the news from Germany thanks to reports from colleagues via email, Twitter, and a variety of other social networking tools and platforms.
The topic of maximizing these tools is on the roster at Digital Book World, an innovative new publishing conference that addresses the necessary changes in business processes, marketing strategies and technological resources that are being driven by changes in consumers’ reading and buying habits. In the session How Publishers Can Build Their Own Communities: Using Social Media Tools, speakers Pablo Defendini of Tor.com, Jesse MacDougall of Chelsea Green, and Guy LeCharles Gonzalez of F+W Media, Inc. will discuss how book publishers and authors can build use existing social networks to engage readers directly and build a community of their own.
As the Director of Audience Development for Digital Book World, Gonzalez has been actively engaged in introducing the conference to the publishing community; building networks on Twitter, LinkedIn, and on the DBW blog; and sparking and contributing to conversations about the toughest issues publishers face today. He will be attending the Frankfurt Book Fair, where F+W Media will be exhibiting in Hall 8 J 911, and live-tweeting and blogging the highlights throughout the week for the benefit of those unable to attend.
Digital Book World will be held January 26-27, 2010 at the Sheraton New York Hotel and Towers in New York City, offering practical plans for realizing revenues tomorrow, and beyond, for executive management, acquisition editors, sales professionals, marketing managers, and agents.
Learn more about Digital Book World programs and events and register for a discounted early rate at www.digitalbookworld.com or follow @digibookworld on Twitter or join the Digital Book World group on LinkedIn.
- ow.ly/i/4JJX4 Not all reflowable text is created equal. Get the latest on digital typography and design Tues bit.ly/1frIPLy 21 hours ago
- Everyone loves great design in theory. Not everyone's designs are great in practice. Can you spare an hour next week? bit.ly/1frIPLy 1 day ago
- Three steps to successful ebook design; or, how I learned to stop worrying and love reflowability bit.ly/1n3D1lu #eprdctn by @agomm 2 days ago
- RT @Aptara: Learn all about #EDUPUB with our FREE webcast on March 12th. Register Now! spr.ly/60105fpk #aptarawebinar 2 days ago
- RT @jenny8lee: Get a preview of @rooster! We still need feedback before launch. I explain our vision on @digibookworld http://t.co/SFaJwruY… 2 days ago
MartinFula on 5 Reasons to Register for Digi… dioniomas on 5 Reasons to Register for Digi… jackpronin on 5 Reasons to Register for Digi… Hyde Park House Hote… on Making the Case for Digital… BroodeCaddy on 5 Reasons to Register for Digi…