Social Media Brings Every Publishing Professional to the Frankfurt Book Fair
As thousands of publishing professionals pack their carry-on bags and head for the Frankfurt Book Fair, tens of thousands more will stay at home and keep abreast of the news from Germany thanks to reports from colleagues via email, Twitter, and a variety of other social networking tools and platforms.
The topic of maximizing these tools is on the roster at Digital Book World, an innovative new publishing conference that addresses the necessary changes in business processes, marketing strategies and technological resources that are being driven by changes in consumers’ reading and buying habits. In the session How Publishers Can Build Their Own Communities: Using Social Media Tools, speakers Pablo Defendini of Tor.com, Jesse MacDougall of Chelsea Green, and Guy LeCharles Gonzalez of F+W Media, Inc. will discuss how book publishers and authors can build use existing social networks to engage readers directly and build a community of their own.
As the Director of Audience Development for Digital Book World, Gonzalez has been actively engaged in introducing the conference to the publishing community; building networks on Twitter, LinkedIn, and on the DBW blog; and sparking and contributing to conversations about the toughest issues publishers face today. He will be attending the Frankfurt Book Fair, where F+W Media will be exhibiting in Hall 8 J 911, and live-tweeting and blogging the highlights throughout the week for the benefit of those unable to attend.
Digital Book World will be held January 26-27, 2010 at the Sheraton New York Hotel and Towers in New York City, offering practical plans for realizing revenues tomorrow, and beyond, for executive management, acquisition editors, sales professionals, marketing managers, and agents.
Learn more about Digital Book World programs and events and register for a discounted early rate at www.digitalbookworld.com or follow @digibookworld on Twitter or join the Digital Book World group on LinkedIn.
- New survey data will reflect what authors want and how publishers can adapt at #DBW15 bit.ly/1wiq3kP Register now and save 1 day ago
- Slight gains for @HachetteBooks ebooks on best-seller list after Amazon accord bit.ly/1vlGLS0 1 day ago
- Find out key trends in children’s publishing at the #LaunchKids conference at #DBW15 bit.ly/1wiq3kP Still time to register and save 1 day ago
- Ebooks and e-reading devices to top kids' holiday gifts bit.ly/1xBRg0M http://t.co/zgqgC6d7ZV 1 day ago
- What’s next in higher ed publishing? Find out at #DBW15 bit.ly/1wiq3kP still time to register and save 2 days ago