Social Media Brings Every Publishing Professional to the Frankfurt Book Fair
As thousands of publishing professionals pack their carry-on bags and head for the Frankfurt Book Fair, tens of thousands more will stay at home and keep abreast of the news from Germany thanks to reports from colleagues via email, Twitter, and a variety of other social networking tools and platforms.
The topic of maximizing these tools is on the roster at Digital Book World, an innovative new publishing conference that addresses the necessary changes in business processes, marketing strategies and technological resources that are being driven by changes in consumers’ reading and buying habits. In the session How Publishers Can Build Their Own Communities: Using Social Media Tools, speakers Pablo Defendini of Tor.com, Jesse MacDougall of Chelsea Green, and Guy LeCharles Gonzalez of F+W Media, Inc. will discuss how book publishers and authors can build use existing social networks to engage readers directly and build a community of their own.
As the Director of Audience Development for Digital Book World, Gonzalez has been actively engaged in introducing the conference to the publishing community; building networks on Twitter, LinkedIn, and on the DBW blog; and sparking and contributing to conversations about the toughest issues publishers face today. He will be attending the Frankfurt Book Fair, where F+W Media will be exhibiting in Hall 8 J 911, and live-tweeting and blogging the highlights throughout the week for the benefit of those unable to attend.
Digital Book World will be held January 26-27, 2010 at the Sheraton New York Hotel and Towers in New York City, offering practical plans for realizing revenues tomorrow, and beyond, for executive management, acquisition editors, sales professionals, marketing managers, and agents.
Learn more about Digital Book World programs and events and register for a discounted early rate at www.digitalbookworld.com or follow @digibookworld on Twitter or join the Digital Book World group on LinkedIn.
- @lisa_schoonover did you get a seat? 4 hours ago
- This event sold out in two days, so if you wanted to come but couldn't get a seat, do the next best thing bit.ly/16UZl8V (2/2) 4 hours ago
- DBW teams up with @ShindigEvents to bring our upcoming Women in Book Publishing event to the Web bit.ly/16UZl8V (1/2) 4 hours ago
- For you noobs, @NSF is THE National Science Foundation. New @RuckusMedia tech will help families apart read together bit.ly/Z2uOAC 7 hours ago
- .@RuckusMedia gets grant from @NSF to create collaborative reading tech for parents and kids bit.ly/Z2uOAC (1/2) 7 hours ago
BroodeCaddy on 5 Reasons to Register for Digi… http://www.indigoaug… on Indie Booksellers and the Digi… megas on 5 Reasons to Register for Digi… jotirapel on The Future of the Novel is… The Five Steps to Be… on The Five Steps to Beginning a…