Marketing in the Digital Age: Batteries Not Included
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER NOW
“The transition from shouting to conversation will challenge your marketing department. It’s a fundamental change in attitude.”
—GROUNDSWELL: Winning in a World Transformed by Social Technologies
The shifting of authority and influence from traditional media outlets to literary bloggers and passionate reader-critics has forever changed marketing for publishers and authors. It’s not enough to host a random blog, build a Facebook page or create a Twitter account; you need an integrated strategy to capitalize on these tools to earn your audience’s attention. Engaging directly with readers is a must nowadays, but the myriad of forums and platforms where that engagement might take place can be daunting, especially when a fascination with the “new shiny” and not fulfilling readers’ needs, is the driving force.
The opportunities are unprecedented, but there’s no rulebook for how to profitably take advantage of them.
Marketing in the Digital Age: Batteries Not Included, a free webinar from Digital Book World, will get past the hype and focus on the key opportunities and challenges presented by social media tools, including:
- Building a brand using social media tools
- Being “authentic” and becoming a valued member of the community
- Engaging directly with new media influencers and reader-critics
- Integrating social media into overall marketing strategy
- Defining and determining ROI
Guy LeCharles Gonzalez, Director of Audience Development for Digital Book World will moderate a lively and provocative discussion with Jane Friedman, Publisher & Editorial Director, Writer’s Digest Community; Diana Vilibert, Web Editor, Marie Claire; and Patrick Boegel, Director, Media Integration, Media Logic.
Marketing in the Digital Age: Batteries Not Included will be held on Wednesday, November 11th @ 1 pm EST.
Publisher & Editorial Director, Writer’s Digest Community
Jane Friedman is the Publisher & Editorial Director of the Writer’s Digest franchise, a division of F+W Media, based in Cincinnati, Ohio. In her role, Jane directs the strategy, content, and marketing of a diverse set of products and services, all focused on helping writers—including books, magazines, educational services, online products, competitions and events. writersdigest.com / writersdigest.com/norules/ / @writersdigest / @janefriedman
Web Editor, Marie Claire
Diana Vilibert is the web editor at Marie Claire magazine, where she gets on her soapbox regularly to write about sex and dating. Her work has also appeared in CosmoGIRL!, nerve.com, thefrisky.com, and various other dot-coms. marieclaire.com / diana-vilibert.com / @marieclaire / @dianavilibert
Director of Media Integration, Media Logic.
Patrick Boegel is the Director of Media Integration for Media Logic in Albany New York. He is responsible for the development of strategic media solutions for clients in the fields of Higher Education, Healthcare, Financial Services and a wide array of Business to Business industries. mlinc.com / logicaljuice.mlinc.com / @medialogic / @patrickboegel
Guy LeCharles Gonzalez
Director of Audience Development, Digital Book World
Guy LeCharles Gonzalez is the Director of Audience Development for Digital Book World; a published poet and writer; and an active blogger since 2003.An old and new media pragmatist, social media realist, and marketing strategist, he views publishing as a community service, and thinks out loud regularly about all of these things on his blog at loudpoet.com. loudpoet.com / digitalbookworld.com/dbwblog / @glecharles / @digibookworld
- Get 10% off tickets to Canada's largest tech-focused publishing event with code DBW2017. #techforum #ebookcraft bit.ly/2mtStfY 1 week ago
- Get 10% off tickets to Canada's largest tech-focused publishing event with code DBW2017. #techforum #ebookcraft bit.ly/2mtStfY 2 weeks ago
- Get 10% off tickets to Canada's largest tech-focused publishing event with code DBW2017. #techforum #ebookcraft bit.ly/2mtStfY 3 weeks ago
- FREE webinar from Virtusales: The Perfect Circle-Efficient Workflow of Data Throughout the Publishing Lifecycle. bit.ly/2msAnYt 3 weeks ago
- FREE webinar from Virtusales: The Perfect Circle-Efficient Workflow of Data Throughout the Publishing Lifecycle. bit.ly/2msAnYt 4 weeks ago